Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

One Little Device....[soap-box opinion post]

is holding up the Audiophile industry.

The Squeezebox Touch.

Teac, Pioneer, Cambridge Audio, Sony, etc. have all tried to break grounds in the Computer-Audio industry but all fall short in some area. None sound better than and all are more expensive than the SB-Touch...[I gather from reviews]

This poses a real problem because the Touch is too cheap to make its way into many peoples audio-riggs, so they dismiss it.

Then there are the Digital front-ends that do sound better than the Touch, but cost 4-5x the price...if not more. Many of which have a Linux OS just like the Touch. One little device made by a computer peripheral company is making a huge log-jam in the audio industry.

If you can't beat them, join them.
I am waiting for a large audio company to buy the Touch from Logitech. For one it does not fit Logitech's portfolio to have an audio device, and surely most all of its sale are via the Internet. The stores that stocked them, dropped them due to very low sales...indeed anyone outside the Audiophile world knows nothing of it or even understands how it works.

I am hoping that Harman International buys the Touch, they are just the company to fix the minor shortcomings and make it a true Audiophile product. They have the cash and the know-how.

Edits: 03/22/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • One Little Device....[soap-box opinion post] - Dynobot 15:36:56 03/22/12 (1)
    • GASP! - Presto 15:47:24 03/22/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.