Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Fidelizer---Not That Thrilled With It!

Are you running Fidelizer first ie before JRMC ? this is a requirement.

Fidelizer will set everything to core 1 low priority except for some windows processes, so you need to run Fidelizer first and then run any apps that you want to keep at existing priorities/core affinities. So if you are using hyperthreading on your i3, Fidelizer will put everything on core 0 except for windows processes which will be on core 1. Think this may be the cause of your thin sound. I had similar issue with LMS until I read the instructions. I no longer use fidelizer, and have put all ancilliary processes on core 0, cpu processes on core 1, disk/i/o on core 2 and just run LMS on core 3 - using process lasso and also a MS core affinity tool to adjust the related IRQs to the required cores. To my ears it was worth it as although the recommendation is that windows will optimise the core usage I found that these changes enhanced the sound. Also look at core timer set to .5 ms (fidelizer does this) and core parking mod for further improvement in sound.
http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Fidelizer---Not That Thrilled With It! - SBGK 05:26:06 03/22/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.