Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Fidelizer---Not That Thrilled With It!

I use CMP + cPlay. I have also heard the Musical Fidelity V-Link and the WFS DAC. Both are very good. I have tried fedelizer with foobar. I find that there is a big sonic leap when using fedelizer with foobar. It brings the sound a lot closer to my CMP cPlay computer.

I know what you mean when you talk about less bass, but I think that you should listen again, you may find that the bass is less bloated and more extended, and because the tone and harmonics of the bass are more extended that the bass notes are not so compressed into a single band but spread out revealing the tonality captured on the recordings. My opinion is that fedelizer does improve the sound all round but particularly makes the midrange and highs sound smoother less sibilant and more detailed. For me this is worth it alone.

I wouldn't be too quick to judge fedelizer. With some different speakers the advantages of fedelizer may be more apparent.

However if you are after better sound I know there are better options around than JRiver. With better sound there is usually in my experience going to be a trade off in terms of pretty album art and some convenience's however, if you want better sound this is what has to be done, or accept things how they are.

Finally, if you prefer your sound without fedelizer, this is OK, everyone hears differently and prefers a certain sort of sound. You may be entirely correct that in your system the sound genuinely is better without it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Fidelizer---Not That Thrilled With It! - erin 01:20:38 03/22/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.