Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: WAV better than FLAC accoring to Absolute Sound..

Hey Alan,

It is true. But there are some good players out there that handle .wav. and yeah I think most of us hopefully ARE limited in that the best possible sound is the goal. So the number of players are limited anyhow in that only a few sound great and given the hoops we all jump through for sq using a certain directory structure or players that support cue sheets is a trivial sacrifice IMHO.

Anyhow .wav gets IMHO a bad wrap in that if you do it right you can get the benefits of tagging without the sq issues of flac. An example of this is the squeezebox. Go to their forums and they say it doesnt support .wav and you have to use flac for tagging issues. Their software does support a directory structure and consequently you end up with album and artist and track titles just like flac.

Anyhow if I have to give up some convenience for sq, I dont mind doing that especially when I cant see what I am giving up!!!

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: WAV better than FLAC accoring to Absolute Sound.. - Dawnrazor 03:12:53 01/14/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.