Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: cd-player seems to win over CMP

I have tried optimising cMp to its utmost, but still the CD player excels in Musicality & overall enjoyment. The cMp sure sounds extended in the Mids/Highs but sounds Analytical when compared to a CD player. It was a big disappointment when i connected my Cd player after a real long time of working on the cMp. Inspite of tweaking & improving the cMp, both hardware & software-wise, it still does not stand upto a Mediocre Cd player as a transport. I own an ElectroCompaniet EMC-1 cd player, as well as an Arcam Alpha 9, & a Denon dvd-2930. Let alone the first two players (they sound far far superior), even when hooked up to the Dvd player as a transport, it beats the cMp easily. There sure may be more detail & air when optimising the cMp, but the overall enjoyment is somehow defeated. The bass & Mids sound way FULL in a cd player, as compared to the cMp.
Since i have spent so much time & work in improving the cMp machine, i felt its not fair to give up on it immediately. Instead i opt to try optimising it further for a while more, & inspite of that, if it still has a downside, i guess its wise to change over to traditional cd playback....
Just My opinion..

Junaid

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.