Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: The saga of my netbook power supply

Hi Eunegis,

(This really belongs to the cPlay thread.)

I understand the confusion and I think many inmates would agree. I am confused too. But (steppe and others) tweaks are important.

I am currently at steppe 4 +Jilida 2 + some of steppe's later tweaks (lets call them watchdog, shell32 trim, and 3 mermaids). All these tweaks in totality makes a huge difference. I had went beyond steppe 4 (to steppe 8, I think) but then had to retract because I didn't liked the sound, way too thin. I will venture forth with further tweaks after I setup my multi-partition, multi-boot hard drive. The only way to do these later dangerous tweaks is to have a multi-boot/partition drive and a good backup/restore procedure. But then early tweaks are quite safe.

My suggestion:

1. Go to steppe's earliest tweak post and then start from there:

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/pcaudio/messages/9/91415.html

read everyone's comment and then decide whether you want to go forward with it.

2. email Julida and ask for his Bitches Batch (a series of batch files to do the tweaks so that you don't have to remove each file/dll manually)

3. set up a mutli-boot/partition hard drive with a backup/restore procedure so that you can go back to a saved backup if something goes wrong.

KC

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: The saga of my netbook power supply - kclo 02:14:40 12/18/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.