Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

"The network *IS* the computer...."

I'm sorry to hear this also. Lack of open system compatability is an anathema (sp?) in the computer industry in the 21st Century. To me, this is another example of Apple's head-in-the-sand approach to marketing w.r.t. to interoperability. And I'm not simply an "Apple basher," just like there are also people who bash PCs for different reasons.

I own both types of machines. I try to look at each set of offerings in their best light and appreciate each for its representative strengths. IMO, this area of forced incompatibility (lack of compliance with open standards) is the chief stumbling block preventing Apple from becoming an all-around stellar technology company, iPods or no iPods. It's inconceivable that almost 30 years of bleeding forheads from the Apple marketing department while they beat their head against the market-dominant PC world hasn't taught anyone high up in the food chain a darned thing.

There's nothing wrong/unforgiveable with making a mistake -- the tragedy is in learning nothing from that mistake. Oh well, I guess my Airport Express can still prevent papers from flying rampant around my house......

Y Can't Apple Reed?,

-dB

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.