In Reply to: Re: Sshhhh! posted by tcain on February 14, 2005 at 07:43:28:
Yeah but you can't recover from problems that are caused elsewhere in your system with a another piece of equipment, you have to change it, mask it! So do we want the ZH-270 to start masking problems you have elsewhere? That is the question!
There is no way for the amp to know what is missing and what to add or take away, where, how much of it, when! So when a amp tries to mask problems, most music come out with the same type of characteristics, losing it's individuality and with other short comings.
You know this is another one of my interest, if one were to look carefully at systems with amps that have certain characteristics, you will see that these people predominantly listen to a certain type of music to match what sounds best on their system, the system seem to influence their taste in music (or at least what they listen to more often), so if you're looking for honey, all you may end up doing is listening to bees :)
The ZH-270 does not do one specific thing perfect but more like everything right, we give you a clean canvas, paint what you will.
So in 20 years digital will catch up, good thing is your ZH will still be working and most likely have the same tubes in it.
As for the design, absolutely will go down in the chronicles of time, especially when those scientist find out what's the true cause of global warming :) LOL
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Berning ZH270 - dave derrick 14:11:14 02/08/05 (19)
- taking it to the next level - JLivermore 12:34:39 04/28/05 (0)
- Wire Mod? - Mats 11:48:13 02/10/05 (13)
- Sshhhh! - tcain 14:02:55 02/10/05 (12)
- Re: Sshhhh! - Allan B 21:41:16 02/13/05 (0)
- Re: Sshhhh! - Mats 19:18:55 02/10/05 (10)
- The thing to do... - Lew 06:40:25 02/15/05 (2)
- Re: The thing to do... - Paul L 13:11:26 02/21/05 (0)
- Re: The thing to do... - tcain 07:45:14 02/15/05 (0)
- Re: Sshhhh! - tcain 07:30:52 02/11/05 (6)
- Re: Berning ZH270 - Lew 06:49:11 02/09/05 (0)
- Re: Berning ZH270 - SBurton 18:01:17 02/08/05 (2)
You can not post to an archived thread.