In Reply to: 6AS7 life posted by bmotorcycle2003 on February 3, 2005 at 09:25:11:
Can't say I've heard of this consensus.
My experience so far has been much better than 750 hours.
I've had my (kit) m60 MKII's for two years. I bought four sets of 6as7 thinking that with all the heat I would soon be looking for more.
I had one go south on the first day. That's it.
We listen at least 30 hours a week sometimes more.
As for treating the tubes right my wife very carefully removes and dusts them with a dry optical polishing cloth once a month.
Our home is quite cold in winter--- a 100 year old adobe, so there's extended warm up on stand by and even once powered up. Half hour on standby 15 minutes powered up. I run Spendor SP100s; a gentle 8 ohm load. 90db.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 6AS7 life - bmotorcycle2003 09:25:11 02/03/05 (12)
- Re: 6AS7 life - DRJOHNSON 11:27:44 02/04/05 (2)
- Re: 6AS7 life - acres verde 13:42:43 02/03/05 (8)
- More conservative than Jesse Helms - Trelja 05:04:51 02/04/05 (0)
- Re: 6AS7 life - LineArrayNut 19:44:29 02/03/05 (0)
- Re: Huh?? maybe for a 6C33... - Ralph 15:45:49 02/03/05 (5)
You can not post to an archived thread.