In Reply to: Re: Huh?? maybe for a 6C33... posted by bmotorcycle on February 3, 2005 at 16:01:02:
We seem to get about 10,000 hours if the tubes are treated right. Various things can shorten the life: factory defects, shipping treatment, dust, fingerprints, over-bias, difficult loads with high power, no warmup in Standby, that sort of thing. Of course, these are things that affect all power tubes, not just 6AS7Gs.
So anyway, once that is all figured the tubes will do 10,000 hours, which is actually typical of a lot of power triodes (that run moderate heat). In practice we have seen people do better and worse.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 6AS7 life - bmotorcycle2003 09:25:11 02/03/05 (12)
- Re: 6AS7 life - DRJOHNSON 11:27:44 02/04/05 (2)
- Re: 6AS7 life - acres verde 13:42:43 02/03/05 (8)
- More conservative than Jesse Helms - Trelja 05:04:51 02/04/05 (0)
- Re: 6AS7 life - LineArrayNut 19:44:29 02/03/05 (0)
- Re: Huh?? maybe for a 6C33... - Ralph 15:45:49 02/03/05 (5)Follow Ups
- Re: Sure- - Ralph 21:36:54 02/03/05 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.