Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: All tube input and driver stage?

I bought my 2SWs completely on a lark, just "because". I wanted only to have the experience of hearing them and then thought I would pass them on to someone else of a similar level of craziness. But now I am addicted; I would never let them go. It took some experimentation, pain, and frustration to get them just right, but now I love them. Best of all, I can stay up all night listening to them, if work obligations permit, because my wife is oblivious to them; she cannot hear them at all in our bedroom, two floors above. Whereas, my big Sound Lab speakers are in the living room right below our bedroom; they must be turned off by 11:30, most nights, or I have a domestic dispute on my hands.

Incidentally, the panels are very long-lived if not mistreated by a blowup of an amplifier, I think because they do not carry a quiescent charge. I bought a roll of aluminized mylar, which is what you need for rebuilding a panel, should the need arise. It's still available commercially, but I would advise stockpiling some, just in the rare case.

PS. Is that the (stereo) direct-drive amplifier, sitting down on the lower left in your equipment module? My only thought is not about stereo separation or any other niceties of monoblocks; it's more about the length of the speaker wires. They would need to be quite long and very well insulated.

Marantz 10B. Very very cool.

Edits: 05/01/16 05/01/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: All tube input and driver stage? - Lew 07:55:30 05/01/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.