Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: GRAAF GM 200 "My Precious!"

Hello Mark,
Many thanks for your explanation,
that's really nice to find people like you available to share their passion & knowledge to help us.

My Graaf GM200 model (is Balanced) appear to be the second version with the right resistance modification on the power supply...
(with the trick to lift them off the board to dissipate the heat away from PCB) that is pretty a Good News! the Latest revision.

Manifestly the 4xEFL200 failed & need to be change to test as well the tension...
I'm gonna change, as you advice me, these two resistors next to rectifier bridge for exact replacement before change this MOV.(thermistance) to check what happens?

I still investigate and let you know when it's done in hoping there will be no other amp fault or problematic issue.
(i ever changed many 1ohm blown resistor under the PL504... i changed the 32 Output tubes for same ones to keep them matching together)
Anyway, if you know where it's possible to find an other 32xPL504 Good quality set, i Still interested!
(cause in France it's complicate to find large matched quantities from Good Brand & same construction of these old TSF tubes!)

Mr Marianni is unreachable since 2 years, i tried by many way to contact him, even since the launch of the new GM400, maybe already out of business..?

I saw you had 2 xGM200, i Dream to find an other one to get a pair !
did you use yours in Bi amping/Bi wiring or have you bridged them?
i would like, i don't know if it's possible..?
Bridge mine as Mono for 400watts (with 2 pair of output binding post to Bi wire my MBL speakers..?) to keep the power in 4ohms as final Goal.

Did you have any idea to do that without affect the reliability or it is complicate Job from your point of view?

Could you, if you have, send me some Schematic diagram with technical data sheet & value (ALL you have about this Beloved Graaf!),
cause the original Graaf user manual than i have is really Poor in instructions!

Best & Kind Regards
Friendly Yours
Fred

PS= I dream to test The Destiny VZN350 Joule electra based on 6C33C (as the lamented TENOR 75) and the Atmasphere MA2 but there is quasi none in europe...have you ever heard the Silvaweld OTL 200 base on 6C19 tubes..?
Did you know SI audio ? an italian OTL manufacturer & the Fedelta hifi review owner
http://www.siaudio.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=76&Itemid=127

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.