Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: I want a "mono" switch for phono...

Thanks for the directives, but in lieu of purchasing a mono cartridge that would meet my standards, I have found, using other (vintage) preamplifiers on my Beveridge system, that a mono switch on the preamplifier hugely improves the reproduction of 50s and later (i.e., "modern era") mono LPs, using a stereo cartridge. Further, the phase switch is like tits on a bull for me. Neither I nor any member of my family, some of whom are not so old, can hear any difference re "phase". This may be because of my using dipole (Sound Lab 845PX) speakers. In fact, my dirty little secret is that I bypassed the phase switch on my MP1 a few years ago, for that reason.

Eventually I do plan to purchase a mono cartridge. However, there are also hypothetical imperfections in that approach to mono LPs when one is driving a stereo system. Nothing is perfect.

Got a recommendation for an excellent mono cartridge that does not break the bank?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I want a "mono" switch for phono... - Lew 08:37:54 02/16/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.