Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

What is your conclusion?

It sounded as if you were giving me a good reason why a CCS (two CCSs, really) will not do much to "help" the circuit. Then at the end it seems like there is a rationale for the modification, provided it's done right. I am thinking ONLY in terms of the MP1, not any amplifier, where currents in the output stage are comparatively very high.

I brought this up for theoretical discussion, not necessarily because I am about to try it. Sounds like you would not place a CCS where I theorized one could be used, in the negative rail(s), connected to the common junction of all the cathodes of the tubes in the output stage, above the 600 to 1K ohm resistors. Because, as you wrote, very little current flows through those resistors. So, maybe if one takes the output of the circlotron from between the float resistors and the "bottom" of each of the two CCSs (where the output or "top" of the CCSs are in turn connected to the cathodes) that would be the way to go???

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.