Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Hold it!!!

"However, I did not propose generic tests of musics, but experiments using pieces of classical music that, in my opinion, should better put in evidence differences (better if using a good CD player as source), from recordings of natural source (e.g., violins), whose real image everybody cold have as reference from concert halls."

As far as I recall, the listener was free to provide the sound source and the musical recording.

"If your suspect is too strong to led you to neither ascertain if the phenomenon occurs, I would only encourage you to try."

It's quite a lot of trouble to set up a proper double-blind test. I've never felt strongly enough about it to want to do that. But I'd be interested to hear of any other proper double-blind tests that have been conducted. Anecdotal reports of differences heard under less controlled conditions don't really tell us much at all. The human ear and mind are too susceptible to other influences for those kind of reports to mean much.

Maybe Richard Clark is still offering his challenge. In which case there's $10,000 waiting for the person who can actually demonstrate the ability to tell the amplifiers apart.

Chris

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.