Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Hold it!!!

Chris: “I am not convinced that the most enjoyment is particularly correlated with any actual improved quality in the sound. Or indeed of any demonstrable difference between the sounds. In my own case, for example, I build and use tube amplifiers because it is fun, a little nostalgic, and I like the glow of the tubes. And in the case of OTL amplifiers there is the added pleasure of achieving something that seems so delightfully and absurdly perverse. But I don't think I would ever attempt to argue that my tube amplifiers, or indeed any tube amplifiers, are in any sense "better" than a decent solid state amplifier”.

I don’t refer to “most enjoyments” or generic demonstrations of quality. I try to be clearer.
I have proposed that the problem of audio differences should be approached with a scientific-like approach. As usual with such method, the context of experiment should be defined in order to enable its repetition by who wants to do that.

Roberto

Edits: 10/03/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.