Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Transmission line?

The internal volume is separated into two chambers, one for the top/frontfiring woofers, and one for the bottom/rear/upfiring woofers.

The upfiring woofers get more boundary reinforcement than the frontfiring ones, and of course we take advantage of that.

Both chambers are reflex loaded, with two pluggable ports. So each chamber can be wide open, one port plugged (which lowers the tuning frequency), or both ports plugged (sealed box). That gives, what, nine different combinations per speaker (if my late-night arithmetic is correct) that you can mess with to fine tune the speaker/room interface at low frequencies. I want the low end to be sufficiently adjustable to work up against the wall, or well out in the room, or with Ralph's amps, or (heaven forbid) with someone else's.

Also your bass sources are spread out in all three dimensions, which should help the in-room bass end up a bit smoother even without all the port options.

Duke

Me being a dealer makes you leery?? It gets worse... I'm a manufacturer too.

Edits: 10/02/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Transmission line? - Duke 02:21:20 10/02/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.