Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: I dun good wit my speekers

Subjectively, I prefer solid core wire, too. But I would never dare to say that I know why or that stranded wire induces grossly measurable distortion that is not present with solid core hook-up. Like cpotl, I am a bit nonplussed. People who do not care for stranded wire often do indict the interaction between the strands as a culprit, but some very smart people (in the field of electronics) call it hogwash. Thus, I don't try to explain or justify my subjective preferences (this one and many others). Since the adjacent strands in a conductor are in continuity, I would not think "micro-arc-ing" occurs; the strands would tend to act in concert as a "non-solid" core conductor. Oxidation of copper wires internal to the surface of a stranded copper conductor would tend to be inhibited by the presence of outer insulation and the close packing of the internal strands.

Nice speakers. Remind me of the Coincident Pure Reference, which also uses Acuton drivers for treble and midrange.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.