Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

I dun good wit my speekers

Chris, you are absolutely correct. Most speakers do not measure this well.

A quick overview;
My tweeters are the Accuton 3/4" diamond tweeter. A few independent websites have measured the Accuton, and call it the cleanest tweeter they've ever measured.
My midrange is the 5.5" Accuton ceramic midrange. Now most of the time people/manufacturers use the 6.5". Me, I didn't like the 6.5", especially above 2,000Hz.

There is NO multistrand wiring anywhere in my system. Don't get me started. If you slowly remove the multistrand from your system, you too will notice lower distortion levels. This becomes more evident at higher listening levels. I will call it 'micro-arching' between the individual strands in the wire. Copper stranded wire which is getting a little older is better. The copper oxide which starts to form along the individual strand does not conduct electricity, so this micro-arching diminishes.

It took a few years of experimenting, but I now have a first order crossover which adds to the purity.

All my crossover parts are Duelund CAST PIO in nature. Caps and inductors.
Did I mention NO multistrand wire anywhere, not even my power cords.

I took my speakers to TAVES (Toronto Audio Video Entertainment Show) last year, and those that sat and listened, where floored.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.