Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: You are correct Lew

My own experience with making sound measurements with an SPL meter is that it is rather hard to get accurate and repeatable results. The tiniest of movements of the meter, the speaker, or even nearby objects, can change the measurements significantly. Did you, by chance, make analogous plots to those you posted, but measuring the output signal on the speaker wires rather than the acoustic signal?

Also, I am interested in your distortion curves. I am only familiar with FFT plots where one looks at the amplitudes of the various harmonics vs the amplitude of the fundamental. Do I understand correctly that your measuring device and software is calculating the THD level for each source frequency, as that frequency is swept through the audio spectrum? That seems pretty neat, and I'd like to know more about doing that.

Also, are those distortion plots measured on the electrical output of the amplifier, or on the acoustic output of the loudspeaker? (I would assume the former, but I'd just like to be sure.)

Chris

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: You are correct Lew - cpotl 13:49:16 09/12/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.