Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: 6C33 OTL

Roberto

- Definitely No DC output drift will occur if you disconnect that two GNFB resistor , since that OTL amp is Not internally DC coupled , but is AC coupled , first time in between first and second voltage gain stage (C1/C2 ), and second time in between second voltage gain stage and CF (cathode follower) driver stage (C3/C4).

- but some effects you can expect if you totally eliminate GNFB , Amp overall voltage gain will rise up , max. THD % to , Amp internal impedance will rise up to , maybe some hum or noise will appear to ,
Actually I think that you need first to build up that Amp and than to make some listening test ,first with GNFB applied and than without GNFB ,later you can chose variant which you personally prefer more , but for sure that some interesting sonic surprises is expecting you in both cases :)

BTW , there is eternal clash between various opinions in audio world about GNFB , some designers insist on no GNFB amplification , others are in middle position saying that moderate applied GNFB is just the right approach , and some of them insist on maximum as possible inserted GNFB , for example well known designer Bruno Putzeys have presented his view in the article named `The F-word `.

Edits: 09/08/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 6C33 OTL - Banat 12:50:52 09/08/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.