Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: 6C33 OTL

Dear Banat,

I have the following questions.

1) Since you shared the suggestions of Lew about the circuit posted by Steffen, I do not understand the meaning of connecting R25 and R26 to the other leads of R1 and R2, i.e, at (or practically) at the ground. Any desired negative feedback (NF) should be cancelled. Don't you believe?

2) Do you also share the Lew's suggestion of eliminating completely the NF? In this case, how do you manage with drifts, bandwidth reduction, etc? Could you show measures with/wo. NF?

3) Did you try the minimum acceptable resistance on the output tube cathodes ? Did you measure the difference on the unbalanced idle current during long lasting operation with 0.47 ohm, 1 ohm and 10 ohm?

4) " Single input differential cascoded voltage gain stage ( typical for Atma-Sphere OTL Amp-s) is Much better solution than solution from your presented schematic from many reason ".
You say "...is Much better" in the sense that you listened to a clear upgrading of sound in two circuits with the ONLY difference consisting in the input differential cascoded topology or that in the scheme posted by Steffen?

Many thanks!

Sincerely
Roberto

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.