Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: If I understand this drawing correctly,..,

I think there is a misunderstanding caused by my diagram. The drawing is not the latest one. I don’t use dbx 223 crossover now. I updated the diagram.

Why I use ribbon tweeters? I am a long time Magneplan speaker owner and feel that SL speakers sound somewhat dark and lack high frequency air, sparkle that I heard from Magneplanar 3.6, or 20.1, or Apogee Ribbons. The ribbon tweeters I use are Fontek ribbon. See link below.

http://www.parts-express.com/fountek-neo-x-30-ribbon-tweeter-black--296-713

I use 4 ribbon tweeters on front and two on the back to simulate the sonic characteristics of a electrostatic panel. I am not sure how the impedance of these ribbon tweeter changes. Of course, it could be better to use third amplifier to drive ribbon tweeters only.

Some one may think it is better off not using additional ribbon tweeters because it may destroy the coherence of full range electrostatic speaker. In my opinion, it is not true as long as choosing the right crossover point and optimal output level of ribbon tweeters.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: If I understand this drawing correctly,.., - Jian 19:03:36 05/11/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.