Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Jensen website

I found a pdf file on the 4-pole at the Jensen website. It is full of claims without much substance, but it does show a diagram that purports to reveal the internal construction, which is indeed twice as complex as that of a conventional 2-pole capacitor, shown in an adjacent diagram. My problem is that looking at the diagram of the 4-pole, I do not see how continuity is maintained, on either the negative (ground, in my parlance) or positive side, but as you say, it must be. Also, the advantage in terms of lowered inductance is only really significant at very very high frequencies, like over 50kHz and up (based on another figure in the text). The text suggests the idea is very useful particularly for switching and/or "digital" power supplies, where I do understand that lots of vhf hash is generated. But for "our" equipment, I don't know. The cost is about 50X that of a comparable top line Nichicon or Panasonic.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.