Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: NYAL OTL3 [SOLVED]

Yes, fixed faulty 6LF6 fuses, setup done and they're working great. They look like thrown-away prototypes, but I still can't believe the sound they produce. Just incredible.

I found this event a bit scary myself. Glad I caught it before it became a "serious" failure. Thought I checked the fuses, but clearly hadn't. Yet another good example for needing a detailed checklist to ensure the work is completed correctly.

Would really like to hear the Stax. Have heard really great feedback on those speakers, but like the OTL's they're not that common. Sounds like you have a great setup. If you like "Modern Cool", check out "This is Chris" by Chris Conner (on CD as Japanese import BCP-20).

I also bought four 6LU8's to replace the old ones I have from Brent Jesse, given "rhinohifi714" comments. I'll put them in when I check the amps again in ~10-20hrs of use (I always double check). I'm giving up buying random tubes. Better to pay and get what works rather than collecting a lot of not-quite-100% "spares".

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: NYAL OTL3 [SOLVED] - unlisted 12:46:16 03/26/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.