Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Your model 3s

Mike, Perhaps your Model 3s had the experimental panels that HB built for awhile on printed circuit boards (or something like that). Rick Beveridge talks about that on the current Bev website (if it's still up and running). HB was searching for a less tedious method of manufacture, and he started to experiment with the advent of the Model 3 speaker. But those panels were a complete disaster, according to RB, led to customer dissatisfaction with the Model 3. There's more to the story, but I forget the further details. HB abandoned the method for the reason you cite; the panels were very unreliable. In any case, my 2SWs seem to be running with their 6 original panels (3 per side vs 2 per side in the Model 3s) doing fine.

Apparently HB was not focused on the quality of his woofers. The outboard woofers originally supplied with the 2SW are also said to be crap. I've never seen or heard a pair, and I don't even know what they looked like. Anyway, I am "pleased as punch" with my TL woofers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.