Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: ferrite beads

Thank you for the kind offer, but I've got a surfeit of suitable 10uF film caps I could use. For now, I might try a bipolar lytic in place of the polar one, was going to do that anyway. Don't want to introduce another variable by going to film. I don't know enough about this problem to argue one way or the other, but some knowledgeable guy on TubeDIY did think that the electrolytic was at least in part chosen for its limited bandwidth. Even if that is correct, I've got the 0.1uF teflon bypassing the lytic, so bandwidth is restored, for better or worse.

The maddening thing about trying to cure this problem in Bevs is that you can only model it based on behavior when the amp is connected to the speaker. When the amp is on the bench, disconnected from the speaker, Bill found it to be even more prone to oscillate, if anything. So you have to try a strategy with the whole assembly, using real music input. Then take it apart again to try something else. But keep in mind, I am having the problem ONLY when I play SACDs and ONLY on one channel.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: ferrite beads - Lew 14:35:19 02/27/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.