Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Klyne, Beveridge system

Interesting comments on the grid stop resistors. On the Futterman amp I have ferrite beads have been installed on the connections to the tube sockets to deal with such potential oscillations. Something to perhaps experiment with.

I don't have the Beveridge Model 2s ( wish I did) and I don't have a Klyne full function preamp but I do have the Beveridge Model 3's and owned a Klyne 7 series phono pre for many years. In addition to that, I own the Aesthetix Io Signature with 2 power supplies and stepped volume controls from Benz, Lyra and Platinum series Koetsu cartridges.

The Klyne was run through the line function of the Io ( it has one line input) shined in naturalness and cleanliness for a solid state Phono. I could of lived with it forever. The Io's sense of density and dynamics was too much to give up on. The Io is holographic and big.. the Klyne was almost polite in comparison. The best solid state Phono I have heard.. yet. I have not played alot in the SS arena.

I still find the Io competitive with most of the big stuff that I have heard. The Janus quite frankly while, very good ,I felt, did not measure up.

The Model 3's characteristic that still make me excited are of course the presentation of the image ......and the dynamics , not loudness , but the movement from soft to loud and how well and striking that can be.

I am relatively new to the Bev's but have owned Acoustats, all types of Quads (still do)... I have never had Soundlabs but have had a brief opportunity to listen in show conditions. They are impressive speakers.

AJ

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.