Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: FWIW

Chris

Mr.Karsten says to you : "So, if we used batteries instead, would there be coupling caps?"

And you responded to him that you have responded , but I ask you now : What`s happen with car ( lead acid ) batteries when they during exploatation become discharged ? .
I think than they need some battery Charger to again become Charged !,( and usually simple battery charger consist from one main trans. and SS rectifier ).

Any way I want to tell you next , only by using just my simple as possible sentence & words without Any intention to discredite you or anything simmilar !!! :
Batteries are just DC E.energy power Source Storage Units , same as Elko`s in convetional Amp PSU , further stored E.energy from batteries are partialy wasted (discharged) in power tubes , generating un-usefull heat, and finally some of that stored DC E.enegry is discharged on the load(speaker) , converting that stored E.energy in sound , also in un-usefull heat too , that generated sound is only Usefull Work that we actally need .
And yes ! all of this 3 device (charged battery , power tube ,load(speaker )are connected in series !
Finally I want to say that any serious E.Engineer look in this way how that E.machine (Amp)work , audophiles and amateurs don`t , they use term`s something like : audio-path , audio that or this , and so on and so forth , bla , bla , bla .....

Best Regards !

Edits: 02/20/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: FWIW - Banat 12:58:26 02/20/14 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.