Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

I don't doubt the truth of what you say,...

but those two instances do sound a bit odd. I wonder why that would happen; I know of no special problem with the two speakers you mention. But I don't know whether each of the two amplifiers is a totally kosher Futterman type, either. I think Bruce Rozenbitt adds some tricks to the standard formula for a Futterman, and Mr Park and his colleagues were a bit unorthodox in their Silvaweld designs, if my SWH550 phono stage is any criterion. (Not even Mr Park has a SWH550 schematic; I traced it painfully with my meter.) Maybe Ralph can comment. Even with loads that were very unsuitable for it, my old Futtermans never malfunctioned. It could sound bad into low Z loads, but it tolerated them in terms of stability. Circlotron will drive anything, but again low Z speakers are not the best match. However, the circlotron just seems to lose power into low Z, whereas the Futterman loses sound quality as well, suggesting distortion goes up. Did you consult with Rozenblitt, re your experience with his amplifier?

As you may recall, you helped me out when I was deciding on purchase of the SWH550. I've enjoyed it very much. Thx.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.