Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Crossover, etc

I understand completely with regard to investment without a solid basis for keeping the speakers.

I am in the same boat. The Beveridges are one of my most memorable audio experiences but 30 years have past and I am not sure that the same astonishing presentation will be presented today. I am sure the Soundlabs are a more robust presentation with a more seamless balance... but budget plays a role for me as well and I am not prepared to make the investment in audio today that I have made perhaps 20 some years ago. So the Bevs will go for a spin and I am sure they will present some virtues that can be judged accordingly.

The RM system is reasonable and will also be able to be worked into my Quad set up. I also have never particularly liked the idea of complexity but I am hopeful this combination will be better than stock.. everyone I have spoken to or anything I have read verifies this for the Beveridge woofer/crossover in the System 3.

It is a shame manufacturers don't value inquiries on their products. I have had many poor customer experiences in audio along with many good ones. Given the state of the high end and the economy in general it amazes me that business would treat their customers this way. If you are going to have a website I think a response in 24hrs for a boutique mfr. is reasonable and necessary...and if you are going away as chief cook and bottle washer an auto response back of when you can expect a reply is easliy accomplished.. sorry it is a pet peave of mine.

Sounds like you have your cross over network well set up. The internal passive crossover should be easy enough to discern and upgrade with different parts for different flavour.. going all active would be nice to try to see if the benefit is real or not. If we were closer I would lend you mine in return for a listen to those Sound Labs!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Crossover, etc - AJ 17:21:10 01/01/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.