Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Modjeski and Beveridge

Some sources say RM designed the Beveridge direct-drive amplifiers. However, I read an interview with RM where he disclaims the full credit for the amplifiers. On the other hand, IIRC, my own Beveridge amplifiers bear his hand-written initials inside the chassis, dated "1979". Also, I believe RM offers upgrades to the Bev amps.

It would be wonderful if there were a reliable source for direct-drive ESL amplifiers. However, to some degree they would have to be custom-tailored to the speaker they would drive. For example, you could not just take a dd OTL amp designed for Quads and hook it up to Sound Lab, without some changes. I inquired with a Euro-based company, Inoxx, re a direct-drive amp for the Sound Labs. The conversation went in circles. I am not sure they are for real. Ralph has now and then mentioned his interest in such an amplifier, but I can understand his reluctance to go there: Few would sell, and the potential dangers of such an amp (very high voltages) can backfire on the maker in this litigious age we live in.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.