Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Need Futterman H3aa schematic and biasing instructions

Hi everyone,
I am servicing a pair of H3aa and I see that indeed a test point is not shown on the schematics. But the most important is that test procedure is wrong if someone follows it exactly! All bias test points are wrong. I believe that the text refers to another schematic.
The idea of balancing is to connect a DVM between upper bank's g1 and lower bank's g1. Then to adjust upper bank's pot to make 2 bias voltages equal so DVM will show ZERO volts.
Step 2 is to measure each bias and see if indeed are equal plus minus 2 Volts. It is performed by connecting DVM between one upper bank's cathode and g1, and then similarly at the lower bank.
Note that lower bank has a not adjustable bias (-42V) because it originates from rectifying 35Vac while the upper bias comes from a voltage divider pot fed by a stabilized ps. That ps voltage depends on it's Zener diode selection. It is fed by lower bank's plate voltage. Am I correct?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.