Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Atmasphere MA-2 impedance question

Lew
I got a pr of the stock Acoustat interfaces...from a shop in town here
an for a long time i have found the just runing the transfourmers..in to there own panels was the best sound i could get get...like the M3s has 3panels i would run the two out side panels of the base tranfourmer an the one panel in the middel of the high tranfourmer....with nothing in front on the primary side an nothing on the sucdary side...sounded great.....so now back to the stock set i got...
Seeing how the high tranfourm did not over heat driveing it with the full input i though i give the stock set a try with the new setup you an others are doing with your SL....But just use the high tranfourmers
so the setup is ....removed the parallel resistance, along with the rest of the components of the hi-pass filte in the c mod

Well just as you say the SLP went way up...i now have the best sounding highs i have ever got out of any of the Acoustat...this has alway be the down side to the acoustats for me littel to rolled down...but now i am driving the M3s with 60wats tube amps an thay sound great....
so... removed components of the hi-pass filte takes the BIGst lode of the Amp....the SL high fr thranfourm well give you even better highs than the New transfourmers you have put in...i cant try the SL i dont have any SL here ... just maybe someing you would like to try...

I would have never tryed this if i had not found this old pair of Acoustat interfaces just laying in the back... thay said there junk....i gave $100. for the pr...no panels in the deal but i have 8ea panels here so good to go ... thanks for your work an other on this type if setup.
Goodluck

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.