Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Capacitor cooker / Break in?

Some say that this fet an the tube are the same...an one sounds better that the other...right

You say
I'm intending to put some v-caps in my tube amplifier, only problem is they apparently need abut 400hours of break in before they sound as they should.

I have Some V-caps here for over a year .....[Youll break in be for thay do] Thay sound like crap....So if you dont like the sound after the breakin your out of the group....This is the bull that has been push,et for a long time when wire came on the seen, buy people in sales....give it time...yea.. youll learn to like the sound mybe... bS...Diff for the sack of diff means nothing...but hay it your $$$$ do what you will but...if you pay more it has to sound better...Look at Ralphs MA1s amps, thay can be diyed for For $1k pr an some time but some well pay over $15k, an if you dont like the sound give it time...Right more BS

PS. Black gate more bs .. I have them here i see no diff than the $1.from digkey
I have no prob with anyone liking any thing
but it just your one mans o-pine..No need to say it the way to go..
Goodluck with your dream...all anyone can say is there diff.
Just like this... Nuf said...Well is it?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Capacitor cooker / Break in? - tyu 08:43:40 02/25/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.