Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Feedback Sound...

Hi Lew !

I must say next :
After spending many years repairing thousand of consumer electronic units , TV , Amps , Tuners ,VCR , etc , I have the unique chance to analyze and explore many SS Amps circuit to.
For me in many SS Amps repairing cases it was the obvious that early SS OTL Amps designers all over the world from the early 70`( Special from Japan ) are direct copied the original early Futterman OTL SEPP Tube amps design.
It`s funny but this old SS Amps from early 70` based on the original Futterman OTL SEPP Tube amps design usually follows all the original Futterman Amps circuits solution , like negative feedback loops , bootstrapping loops and many other specific solution from the original Futterman OTL tube amps from the early 70` , and they sounded quit good & acceptable even today ! Firstly never boring and with very precise defined bass sonics which is very pleasurable for human ear .
Usually the common mistake of this Futterman based SS Amps design copies from early 70`is that to they have very poor designed PSU , but that`s was the Amps mass production era symptom ,on today mass production `` HI-FI`` market is even worse !

Best Regards !

Edits: 12/10/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Feedback Sound... - Banat 14:31:19 12/10/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.