Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Paul Speltz did the wrong thing

It is possible to resistively inject a small signal to extract the small signal output impedance (with some error) as that will not disrupt everything.

It is not possible to obtain impedance information by messing up the output stage's normal operation by jamming into it a very large signal. The fact that it takes it is a good thing. But that's ruining the amp's own efforts and it is as if, for an analogy, in particle physics he has the worst heaviest probe to measure position while that completely ruins any knowledge of it's velocity.

But this whole thing about all the old claims would never have been an issue if the claims were 100% in line with classic definition, accurate study, and world class measurement techniques including having guardband.

Ralph would never yield to those who already knew what they had in an M60 amp, and so that is a problem with the people who know test and measurement. It makes us want to scream that someone gets to claim something others will not due to better adherence to old definitions and careful factual argument.

There was no personal issue until Ralph saw people who don't like his sloppy methods as some kind of troublemaker. No, they do want accurate information spoken. John Broskie wrote that sarcastic article after losing it when encountered with no yielding to the facts of electrical engineering.

But we CAN as consumers brush it all aside and not give a hoot! The amp is a fantastic performer. It's real measure is how it sounds, and how reliable it is. I can recommend M60 amps like the one I had.

Edits: 08/30/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.