Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

In truth, Tre',...

how many manufacturers state in print that their amplifiers are "Class A", when their products do not in fact operate in Class A up to full power output? The answer, I think, is nearly ALL of them. One company makes a big deal out of the fact that their hideously overpriced linestage operates in "Class A" and uses "no feedback". I hope you are an equal opportunity gadfly.

I have never read the Atma-sphere website in detail. I did not even know that there is a claim to full Class A operation. (Does it really say that? Or does it say "Class A", without specifics?) I really don't give a flying big one what you call the mode of operation, and I have long been aware of the phenomenon that limits Class A power, which you pointed out here for the second or third time in the last several years. Still, Atma-sphere amplifiers are the best sounding tube OTLs I have heard during my 40 years in this hobby.

The world we live in is full of much more consequential false claims that need to be debunked.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.