Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: schematic

Interesting thing that Experience Electronics Germany 140W - A/AB Class , 6xEL34 Circlotron tube based Power Amp use the same 330 ohm Rkk primary OPT ( AP 634/2 ) impedance as yours rewired OPT transformer for yours 4x6as7g based OTL Circlotron Amp !
BTW , Circlotron cathode coupled OPT usually (and strictly ) need special ``split bobbin``coil configuration for EI typ of OPT to obtain the best Audio (electrical transfer) performance .
If you want to avoid your OTL Circlotron Amps to run in deep region of A2 class of operation but without to use impedance matching OPT , it is my personal opinion that it is better way to recone the single speaker with 330 ohm bobbin coil , or to use some line array loudspeakers configuration , with serial connected speakers of standard 8-16 Ohm impedance finally resulting in yours favorite non standard final high Z load impedance for yours OTL Cirlotron power Amps , running than only in A1 class of operation .
Best Regards

Edits: 08/20/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.