Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Capacitor cooker / Break in?

"You can call this mental masturbation"

I will certainly not.

Even if I do not understand the possible underlying physical process that could explain the reported sonic improvement after the 'break in' of polystirene capacitors, all audiophiles know that the ear is the final judge. If you can perceive the difference prior and after break in there must be some explanation. We should not exclude 'a priori' a possibility just because we can not explain it.

For example, the Nobel French laureate Luc Montagner (the discoverer of the HIV virus) has recently accepted an offer from China to manage a giant completely new laboratory in Shanghai to carry out a research on ELECTROMAGNETIC EMISSION FROM VIRUS DNA IN HIGHLY DILUTED WATER SOLUTIONS.

Montagner says that China is the only country on the planet that do not refuse such ideas that he thinks are simply too much ahead of present times to be accepted in the West for funding.

Break in of capacitors in my opinion is much less demanding to be accepted as working hypothesis than ELECTROMAGNETIC EMISSION FROM VIRUS DNA.

Best Regards
Luca

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.