Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: NYAL OTL 3

Hi Naidu

I am in to my second pair of Futterman H3AA which has the basically the same circuitry as your OTL 3. In my first pair which I used many years ago there was a tendency for the anode plates to glow. The reason for this was most probably that to much current was going through the tubes. The funny thing was that when thy started glowing they sounded the best. The quick remedy was to shut them of for some minutes. In my case I believe as an afterthought that the bias was wrong. It could be that the problem that you have is the same and that the bias needs adjusting. If it is just one of the tubes that starts glowing then I would guess that that one needs replacing.

I have read in some old papers that the tubes should be matched. If this is true or not I don't know. However I think that each pair of tubes should be matched as the same current is expected to through them both. Maybe someone knows more about this than I do.

Good luck

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: NYAL OTL 3 - decca4 17:18:37 11/22/10 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.