Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

RE: Again, you start talking about something else.....

Luca, Tre and I figured it out even if you didn't.

Now, since you don't believe me, you now have to prove me wrong. This is an easy test. Get a sine/square generator, an amp (any functioning amp will do) a speaker and a VU meter.

Set the generator for sine, at 0 VU and listen to the result through the speaker. Now cover up the meter. Turn the volume down, set for square wave and bring up the volume until it sounds as loud as before. Now observe the meter. You will see that it is a good ways down from the sine wave- probably about 20-25db.

This is because we use odd ordered harmonics to see how loud a sound is. A square wave is all odd orders. So naturally it sounds a lot louder than a sine wave.

The fact of the matter is I have not been changing the subject- instead I get the sense that you are actively trying to not understand. But you need to perform the test above!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Again, you start talking about something else..... - Ralph 13:47:28 10/11/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.