Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Preamp choices for TS T 16 OTL amp ?

The UPS man is bringing my Transcendent Sound T 16 OTL tomorrow morning :-0 I've been running a 45 SET amp which sounds beautiful but is approx. 1.2 watts/ch and limits me to nearfield with my 98 db
Full range Fostex(208E Sigma)TQWT's.
I'm presently running the preouts from my Moon 1.5 SS Integrated
and the SET sounds very clean and beautiful I had a very hard time finding a preamp to work well with the SET, I have a very nice Sim Audio preamp, and an older PS audio and Adcom 555 (all solid state) all but the Moon integrated wouldn't allow much gain without distortion the Moon really helped, but I should probably sell the Moon, as well as the other solid state pre's and go with a tube preamp ? as it seems foolish to use an expensive high performance Intergrated as a preamp, when I could sell it and buy a fairly nice tube preamp with the proceeds.
Any advice or opinions on your experiences or knowledge or TS T 16 OTL's and preamp synergy, as well as general opinions on best value preamps as well as any tips on OTL's in general would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Fred J

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Preamp choices for TS T 16 OTL amp ? - Fred J 14:33:58 03/07/05 (12)

You can not post to an archived thread.