Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Re: hmm.....

Hi,

> I suppose you know that according to BR, the author of
> the Tubecad article completely misunderstood his circuit.

I suppose you know that the Tubecad Article author analysed the circuit according to how it ACTUALLY works. IF BR's understanding as to how it works differs, well that BR's problem. I cited the article simply because it saved me repeating the main points.

I would prefer to not get into exhaustive discussions of any of BR's Circuits. He has been off base so many times (including Discussions I had directly with him) and is way too constantly puffing himself up on him being an EE (That don't impress me much - so, BR got an EE degree, well so do I, but I don't keep banging on about it and tub-thumping about it all the time) for me to take him overly serious.

> btw, I don't go for the 'If you like it, then good on you'
> school (and I doubt you really do either!).

Actually, I do. With the implied limitation that just it sounds good to you it by no means has to sound good to anyone else. Personal truth is just that and unarguable. However personal truth is rarely universal.

> It is not true that if a person thinks something
> sounds good, then it it really does sound good to them!.

Why not? If I feel I enjoy a good Redwine because it tastes good and I don't enjoy good White Wines as they don't taste good, who is to argue that in reality I'm imagining redwine tastes good and in reality white wine is what tastes good TO ME?

Ciao T

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: hmm..... - Thorsten 07:09:19 01/23/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.