Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Sorry for the mistaken impression...

No offense was intended, but I went through hell trying to get my amp fixed on several occasions, and I have known others who went through similar experiences - not all of them but most. You can avoid that by raising the impedance the amplifiers see, using ZERO autoformers. The Fourier amplifiers employ modified Futterman circuits and in some ways may be less reliable than Futtermans, so I've been told. In any event, instead of "don't do it" perhaps I should have said, "be very, very careful".

I'm angry and jaded because I was completely ignored by the manufacturer despite numerous attempts to contact them, and in fact was promised by the president of the company face to face at CES '97 that my amp would be fixed promptly upon his return - only to find out a few weeks later they were closing down and I could just come pick up my unrepaired amplifier, which in fact they hadn't even looked at in two months. I'm angry at them, not at you or anyone else here. If you think I'm upset you should talk to one of their former dealers.

I have the hand drawn schematics of the Panthere somewhere if and when you need them. I hope you don't. Good luck and listening!

click here for info

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.