Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Re: Ralph Karsten revealed...

I just wanted to take some time and put in my own two cents about Ralph...

A little over three years ago, I had back surgery. I had a lot of recovery time on my hands during rehab and I had a pair of M-50's that I wanted to convert to hard wired M-60's. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to complete the task (I heal fast), but Ralph invited me TO HIS HOUSE (I live in the Twin Cities area) and he and his employees personally helped me with the project. Had I had time, they no doubt would have held my hand and nursed me through the project to completion. I went over there several times, often for hours, listened to music, chatted with them and felt completely welcome.

Later (about a year ago), when I sold the unfinished amps to my roommate, the guys at Atma-Sphere completed the wiring of the amps for a song.

Ralph without a doubt is one of the nicest and most genuine people I have ever met. This isn't the first time that Ralph has been screwed over by people in this industry. This is the same kind of crap that caused John Bau to give up completely on audio. It's amazing that any innovative and talented people get into this business at all. I don't know Ralph well, but I definitely could see him getting taken advantage of as a result of trusting someone that he thought was a friend.

What a shame that Ralph didn't hold on to his own company.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Ralph Karsten revealed... - BHD 21:16:43 10/22/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.