Home OTL Asylum

OTL, Output Transformerless Amplifier User Group.

Re: Thank you, but your amplifier is out of my range...

I'm with you gentlemen; I cannot fathom the comments about used tube amplifiers. Maybe there is some validity when the equipment is 40 or 50 years old, but even then - if it was made with quality, it can be brought back.

As for Atma-Sphere in specific, I can say that buying a used piece of equipment is usually a very good idea. Frankly, there just isn't that much to go wrong with the equipment, and the way in which it's built (handwired, point-to-point) makes it very easy to update, upgrade or repair. With the power amps, as long as you still have a chassis and transformers,the service life of the equipment can be extended for generations to come.

Built-in obsolesence has never been a feature of Atma-Sphere equipment. Just ask one of the owners of original MA-2, who have amps running as full MA-2 Mk.II.3 equivalents.

What it comes down to is simple: We just have way too much pride in what we create to ever let it die of neglect or old age. We will always find a way to update or repair a piece, no matter how extensive the work. And we're always happy to help an enthusiastic new customer into the fold, by sprucing up an old piece they purchased elsewhere.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Thank you, but your amplifier is out of my range... - Legendre 07:28:21 05/13/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.