Home News Asylum

The latest in breaking audio industry news. You heard it first, right here.

Best of luck to you

I would imagine the people responsible for ads would be happy to have clients outside the audio industry. While the content of the site largely remains to be seen, it is my intention to speak to people who are "in to" music. The distinction being, I do not assume that all AudioStream readers will also be audiophiles.

Personally I think this is doomed to fail. Music lovers just dont give a crap about sq. Mp3 is perfect for them and iTunes is the cats meow. They have already embraced computer audio.

EX. I know a guy who LOVES music. He played the trombone in many orchestras and bands, is featured on 2 cds and has an amazing music collection. He said he had over 5,000 records and as many cds. He bought one of those $99 usb turntables and started putting vinyl on his ipod. I tried to explain to him the importance of doing it right and the quality he was missing, etc. But in the end he just didnt care. Listening to music was more important than how it sounded. Hey some people LOVE Taco Bell. They wont have any inclination to read a site that talks about where to buy a better burrito....

Maybe I am missing it but dont audiophiles have enough "music" sites???

Again, best of luck but you seem to have too broad a focus to have content that engages such a large audience past the first few visits. Hopefully I am wrong. We will see.

You may want to tweak your crystal ball because its only showing you the things you want to see. But seriously, the idea that over time computer-based audio will provide better sound quality while becoming more plug and play is good news for those people who are most interested in spending their time enjoying their music. You call this a dumbing down, I wouldn't.

Well that is an IDEA. Though I think that better sq and plug and play are often mutually exclusive, the industry HAS to peddle that idea. You have already bought in. Buy in doesnt make an idea true though. If your site doesnt address the computer situation it wont help audiophiles. Since manufactures cant seem to make a dac that IS isolated from what happens in the computer, tweaking the computer is vital for sound quality and well it seems talking about that is not something this site will do. (Lets see how my crystal ball does on that one. FWIW, it is tweaked already with a custom made sand box and herbies dots.)

So IMHO this site wont really help me in terms of improving sq, hence my "not bothering" comment.

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Best of luck to you - Dawnrazor 11:20:16 10/08/11 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.