Home News Asylum

The latest in breaking audio industry news. You heard it first, right here.

this should be simple

"I think it will increase the odds, now that it is clear that the site's content is not affected by advertising."

Advertising $ for good reviews wasn't my contention, nor did I ever suggest it. You must have me confused with someone else.

Coming to this forum and suggesting that members here are immoral and unethical because a few of them have directed such comments at Stereophile for such a practice isn't good business PR. The strategy of defending your integrity by suggesting people here are immoral/unethical is not a winning strategy.

"I believe it will."

Only based on your misunderstanding of my point above.

"Why would that matter?"

Because those who would advertise on your site expect that their investment pays off in such a way that it generates sales for them. If the representatives of the site that they're investing in, through advertising, are pissing off potential site visitors by insulting them, the return on that investment would tend to drop due to a decrease in potential visitors.

In general, for advertisers, an increase in visitors = an increase in sales and a decrease in visitors = a decrease in sales.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • this should be simple - Joe Murphy Jr 20:59:30 10/07/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.