Home News Asylum

The latest in breaking audio industry news. You heard it first, right here.

RE: You raise a good point

Yeah, proven test method for sure. But I'm not sure how to explain this to people, because if one gets a magic "test box" that says "pass" or "fail" then one ends up having to trust this box. Or trust some inmate that his "proven" method actually works. :-)

Switching between 44.1 and 48.1 amounts to 8 percent, a little more than a half step (e.g. C to c#). Nearly all music lovers will hear this in an immediate comparison but only a minority (those with perfect pitch) are likely to notice this error in isolation. It's much less of a "ha-ha" than running a 45 vs. 33 1/3.

In the past I've managed to trick my system into making gross errors, e.g. 88.2 vs. 44.1. This goes beyond subtle or annoying and enters into the amusing category. (So far it has happened only when I was already trying to "trick" my system, otherwise it would definitely have been annoying.)

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.